The Planning Commission was presented at the January 22 Planning Commission meeting with the proposal to open the MPSP to an amendment study. Below is a very brief highlight of the discussion.
Google provided a presentation highlighting their vision of the park, included:
- Residential, office and retail zones
- Neighborhood-oriented retail
- Community-based services
- Ecology and landscape considerations (ecology, flood protection, habitat and open space)
- Off-street trails and paths
- Multi-modal network
- Sea level rise considerations
Planning Commissioners raised concerns included but not limited to:
- Interconnectivity of the park via roads and bike/ped infrastructure
- Impact on Fire station 5 services
- Water capacity/usage
Motion was made by Commissioner Simons and second by Commissioner Howard to initiate an amendment study, provide direction, and return with certain informational items.
The voting result:
- Olevson – yes
- Harrison – yes
- Weiss – yes
- Simons – yes
- Howard – yes
- Howe – abstain
- Rheaume – abstain
The item moves to the City Council on February 6, 2018 for a vote to support or not.